We foster creative thought.
Meet artists. Exhibit work. Promote art.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Kawartha Arts Network Inc. is a not-for-profit artists’ co-operative operating in the Kawartha Lakes, Ontario.
We are committed to:
- finding opportunities for our members to share their work with the public throughout the Kawartha Lakes and beyond.
- creating an environment that fosters creative thinking and artistic networking
- offering opportunities for artists and the general public to participate in educational workshops and networking /sharing opportunities
- encouraging the youth of our community to get involved in the arts
Members have a wide variety of exhibition options with KAN throughout the year. Some of these include an on-going and ever-changing display in the Guild Room of the Academy Theatre in Lindsay, participation at outdoor shows such as Kawartha Palooza and the “Made in Kawartha Lakes” art/artisan show and sale which is sponsored by the Kawartha Lakes Arts Council.
KAN is a co-operative of practicing artists with a community vision in the City of Kawartha Lakes.
We offer many opportunities to meet other artists, develop and showcase artistic abilities and to actively promote art in the Kawartha Lakes region.
- exhibition opportunities
- meet other local artists for fun,
- networking and education
- an artist page on our website
- discounted classes and workshops
- educational discount on art supplies
- with membership card
- promotion of your artwork through
- KAN media sites
- receive the KAN newsletter
- Artist: $25/year
- Student (with proof of student status): $20/year
Part of the membership requirements for joining KAN is to help in the running of our co-operative by signing on to one of the following committees:
- Events and Meetings: Plan content for meetings, schedule co-op events, communication with members
- Advertizing/Graphic Work: Creation of signs, brochures, etc. for KAN use, getting info of events to public via ads, posters, etc.
- Curatorial: Organizing and hanging of exhibitions
- Social Media: Regular posting of information to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Mailing: Maintaining member and general mailing lists, sending mailouts regarding events
- Membership: Recruiting, record-keeping, communication
- Programming: organizing and running educational workshops
The Words While We Wait project is a temporary public art initiative.
KAN’s Newsletter – Spring 2021.
A project implemented by the City of Kawartha Lakes to celebrate July 1 while being socially responsible.
KAN is looking to hire both male and female figurative art models for our Thursday night Life Drawing sessions which begin in October. Contact us!
Please join a panel of experts on creating, owning and sharing art forms on March 6.
Artwork by our KAN members will be on display at the City of Kawartha Lakes City Hall for the month of March, starting March 5, 2019.
We may not be hanging out at Art on Kent anymore, but we most certainly are busy in the Kawartha Lakes with various exhibits and workshops! We are accepting new members, please join us!
Art on Kent closes its doors in Lindsay in the Kawartha Lakes This Week by Catherine Whitnall (May 18 2017) Kawartha Arts Network makes difficult decision in light of insufficient member involvement. Despite having enjoyed many years of successful exhibitions, Art on...
Hi everyone – this is a note going out to all our mailing list supporters! The Kawartha Arts Network has been an entity for over nine years and I have had the privilege of being the Director for almost eight of them. It has grown tremendously in both stature and...
Join us for a wonderful Community Celebration and our Annual General Meeting. March 30, 2017 starting at 6:30p.m. Held at the Lindsay Golf & Country Club, 282 Lindsay St. S. Lindsay 6:30 p.m. Doors open - Complimentary refreshments and cash bar 7:00 p.m....
My Kawartha reports on KAN's Painting With Pixels Art Exhibition: Creating art with the click of the mouse - by Catherine Whitnall "Painting a picture doesn’t always require a brush. Local photographic artists Anders Widjedal and Dave Ford have joined forces to...
We have been able to make huge improvements at Art on Kent thanks to our generous donor, Dr. Claude Morris. This past year saw a new hanging system for our beautiful brick wall, making it a much more useful space for exhibiting two-dimensional works. And we were able...